Ella’s Story: Part III
Teach us to number our days,
that we may gain a heart of wisdom.
So where do we go from here? Most days I don’t know. It’s like we are frozen in time and space; unwilling to move forward, unable to go back.
The process of moving on is not an easy or a quick one. Right when you feel as if you are gaining ground, something happens and you are seemingly right back at the beginning once more.
There are many unknowns, but here are some things that I know for sure:
1) Although things will never be the same, we WILL be happy again.
2) I have amazing people in my life…in fact; the world is FULL of amazing people.
3) I want nothing more than to live a fulfilling life; full of little moments and big experiences.
4) I have no control over anything. Even the things I thought I had control of—it was a mere illusion.
5) None of us knows when our last day will be. Because of this, we need to remind ourselves every day that today could be our last.
And now, I want to challenge you to make a bucket list. I’m not talking about your normal bucket list. Instead of being full of big, crazy adventures; this one should be all about the little moments of life. Challenge yourself to enjoy everything a little more: the smell of fresh air, the sound of the wind, the feeling of your baby’s skin, or the smell of their sweet breath. You might find that this new bucket list will change the way you view the world, for while jumping from an airplane is probably an amazing rush….real life is made up of much smaller moments.
“For we live by faith, not by sight.” 2 Corinthians 5:7